Monday, December 29, 2008

Biography of Ilse Schoobaar-Anthony

I was born in Bonaire on July 29th 1949 in a regular family of father, mother, three sisters and one brother. I was the youngest of all and was named: Ilse Beatrix Anthony.
After
finishing high school in Bonaire I moved to Curacao for three years, where I attended the school for Kindergarten teachers.
I worked at the Orchid Kindergarten in Bonaire from 1970 till 1971 and then I married Richard Schoobaar on December 23rd of 1971 and together we lived for 15 years in Curacao, where our children Daphne and Jurgen were born.
I worked at the Holy Joseph Kindergarten from August 1972 till February 2002.
After a thyroid operation I was unable to work as a teacher. That’s when I began writing: poems and short stories for children and adults.
On September 17th 2007 my first book (For children) was published; it was named: Run Miki, run!
On September 15 of 2008 another book was published: Bisami mi n’ por! (Tell me I can’t do it!)
In this book, for adults, I tell the love story of my husband and me, from the day we met till the day he died on October 5th 1987.

3 comments:

  1. Pabien Ilse i un ana 2009 yen di inspirashon i kreatividat pa abo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pabien Ilse i un ana 2009 yen di inspirashon i kreatividat pa abo.
    Reyna Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilse,
    Ku bendishon di Dios kompañabo pa bo sigui ku e bunita trabou akí ku ta toka kurason di otronan tambe. Felis aña 2009.
    Jilma

    ReplyDelete