Friday, December 19, 2008

Thoughts after nineteen years

It wasn’t love at first sight,
but after a while I knew you were all right.
We fell in love
and were blessed from above
with two kids: a girl and a boy,
who filled our marriage with laughter and joy.

You were my friend, my father, my brother,
we spent a lot of time together.
But first of all you were my husband,
the one I would have picked out of a thousand.

There is one day I will never forget,
that is an evening in October, just after sunset.
That day my love story of fifteen years fell apart,
I couldn’t believe it; my God it was so hard.

My heart was broken; my life was a mess,
and I was losing my mind, I guess.
In a few seconds my children lost their dad,
and I lost my man, what made me so sad.

The years that followed were full of pain.
I looked for you everywhere, but in vain.
I should have written this poem years ago
perhaps then I would have learned to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment